Education and Awareness
We provide education and awareness activities on an ongoing basis in support of women and girl’s health and wellness. These activities ensure women and girls have access to relevant HIV/STD prevention and general wellness information. It is critical for women and girls, especially of color, to learn about how to protect themselves in culturally relevant ways.
We design one-on-one, group level, and community level education outreach interventions that are comprehensive, educational, fun, and are tailored to our audience. Interventions enable us to deploy highly trained, creative women and girls who are from the community and who are able to directly speak to the unique prevention needs of our audience.
Educational event opportunities include:
- Outreach at health fairs and community events
- Street outreach
- Educational presentations at afterschool programs, recreation centers, and schools
- Educational public service announcements (PSA) for radio and YouTube
- Sponsoring and participation in open mic and poetry slams
- Age-appropriate safer-sex parties
- “Edutainment” style presentations utilizing The Female Genitalia, a creative ensemble, and Vagina, a one woman show
- “Train the trainers” workshops on the FC2 for our Female Condom Center of Excellence (FCCoE)
- Distribution of FREE male and female condoms (FC2), safe sex kits and other barrier methods
We also celebrate national awareness days throughout the year as a means of promoting health in our community.
Visit the EVENTS section of our website for upcoming education and awareness events.
If you are interested in partnering with us or having us conduct an educational session, contact June Pollydoe, CTR Program Coordinator.