Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights
The Women’s Collective is committed to securing access to sexual and reproductive health and rights for women and girls. Autonomy and the freedom of choice are crucial to ensuring that women and girls are self-sufficient, healthy, and safe. Access to accurate and effective sex education empowers women and girls to take charge of their reproductive health and make safe and informed decisions. Access to family planning services – including access to contraceptives, abortive services, or pre-natal care – is crucial to preserving women and girls’ autonomy and self-determination. These issues are even more pronounced for women and girls who are affected by HIV/AIDS. Accurate and effective reproductive health information, and access to family planning services, is key to preventing HIV transmission through the use of safe sex practices and the prevention of mother to child transmission (PMTCT). In addition, women living with HIV/AIDS are often marginalized, and have greater barriers that prevent them from accessing competent and quality reproductive health care.
- Age-appropriate comprehensive sex education
- A woman’s right to choose
- Access to contraceptives and family planning services, including male and female condoms
- Availability of Pre-exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) and Post-exposure Prophylaxis (PEP)
- Respectful and comprehensive pre-natal care, including Prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission (PMTCT) care for pregnant women living with HIV
- Integration of reproductive health services into HIV care delivery
- Engaging and educating PLUS+ (Positive Leaders Uplifting Sisters) network to engage and educate lawmakers and policymakers.
Collaborating with the U.S. Women and PrEP Working Group